Depending on the area being worked on by the professional painter you’ve chosen to do the job, the finish (also known as the “sheen”) of the paint you ultimately choose can make a big difference in appeal and durability. Here are the types of sheen that are normally available for any given color–
- Flat: flat sheen has no gloss to it, but it’s not as easy to clean as glossier finishes. With that in mind, it’s primarily suitable for low-traffic areas like bedrooms and studies. Flat sheen also tends to make flaws — such as repair work or patterned drywall — in your home’s walls more apparent.
- Egg Shell: gives a cleaner, overall smoother finish to walls. Good for low-traffic areas. Like flat sheen, it tends to expose flaws in any surface it’s painted on.
- Satin: relatively easy to clean, and gives a silky appearance to surfaces. Good for low-traffic areas.
- Semi-Gloss: If you’re looking for a finish that gives off a pleasant, moderate “glow”, semi-gloss is the way to go. Very easy to clean and great for medium- to high-traffic areas like hallways and kitchens.
- High Gloss: high gloss is great for kitchens or other areas where traffic is heavy. Has a very bright sheen and hides surface flaws well. It’s also durable to constant cleaning.
A fresh coat of paint brightens a space, adds a finished look, and transforms a home’s interior or exterior to match the style of the property owner. Take your home to the next level by getting in touch with Painters Pro for professional painting services that last.
From updating your living room to elevating your kitchen, new paint can change the old and mundane to new and exciting. We provide quality interior painting services that leave you with flawless walls and an even coat.
Updating your home’s exterior improves the appearance while also raising the curb appeal and value of the home as a whole. Invest in your home by turning to Painters Pro for assistance. We can’t wait to help you transform your property.
At Painters Pro, we believe that our clients deserve the very best we can offer. With a project manager assigned to every project, you have someone to turn to for updates, questions, and comments the entire time. It is our duty to put ourselves in your shoes and offer the best possible results. From our initial conversation to the final cleanup, we promise to handle your property as if it were our own.
Exceptional painting services, quality results, and unparalleled communication — at Painters Pro, we don’t just meet the standard. We set it. Get in touch today to schedule your service with our team.